October 30, 2020 02:10 PM
Have a Safe Halloween at Home!
#MSV! Many traditional Halloween activities can be high-risk for spreading viruses. THE CDC AND THE MIAMI SHORES VILLAGE COUNCIL RECOMMENDS SKIPPING TRICK OR TREATING DUE TO THE FACT THAT IT'S A HIGH RISK ACTIVITY!
You can still enjoy it while staying safe and taking the steps to protect yourself from getting COVID-19! #StoptheSpread
- Ensure you wear a face covering or face mask
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others who do not live in your household. (indoor or outdoor)
- Wash your hands frequently
SAFE HALLOWEEN ACTIVITIES
- Carving or decorating pumpkins with members of your household and displaying them
- Carving or decorating pumpkins outside, at a safe distance, with neighbors or friends
- Decorating your house, apartment, or living space
- Doing a Halloween scavenger hunt where children are given lists of Halloween-themed things to look for while they walk outdoors from house to house admiring Halloween decorations at a distance
- Having a virtual Halloween costume contest
- Having a Halloween movie night with people you live with
- Having a scavenger hunt-style trick or treat search with your household members in or around your home rather than going house to house