February 01, 2021 02:08 PM
Starting Wednesday, February 24, Seniors 65+ in Miami-Dade County can make an appointment to get a Covid-19 Vaccine at all 31 Navarro and 35 CVS Y Mas stores located in Miami-Dade County.
Qualifying individuals will be able to make an appointment beginning tomorrow, Wednesday 2/24 by visiting cvs.com. This includes appointments at any Navarro location as well.
Starting this week, Jackson Health will begin vaccinating adults 55 and older with at least one of the medical conditions listed in their graphic below. Register here as appointments become available: http://jacksonhealth.org/keeping-you-safe
Beginning on Friday, February 12th, Walmart and Sam’s Club pharmacies will begin administering COVID-19 Vaccines through locations across the state. Below please find two locations in Miami-Dade County:
For more information and to check availability and schedule an appointment, visit:
Miami-Dade County has launched a pre-registration system for seniors 65+ and healthcare providers to sign up to receive the COVID-19 vaccine as supplies become available. Pre-register online by visiting https://vaccines.nomihealth.com/mdc or by calling 305-614-2014.
Miami-Dade County is coordinating closely with hospital and healthcare partners, the Florida Department of Health, municipalities, and private partners to vaccinate members of our community against the coronavirus (COVID-19) as quickly and efficiently as possible. According to state guidelines, the top priority for vaccination – following long-term care residents and staff and frontline healthcare workers – are those who live in Miami-Dade County age 65 and older. Miami-Dade County is working hard to add new vaccine appointments for seniors 65+ as additional vaccines become available. Check here for an available appointment.
Second Dose Appointments
Miami-Dade County is in the process of scheduling second dose appointments for seniors 65+. Those who received their first dose vaccine at a Miami-Dade vaccination site will receive an email or text to schedule their second appointment during the week of the date on the CDC card received at your first appointment. Those who do not respond to the email or text will be contacted by phone to schedule the second dose appointment.
Vaccinations are by appointment only and walk-ups will not be accepted.
The first three groups to receive the vaccine according to current state guidance are
1. Long-term care facility residents and staff
2. Persons 65 years of age and older
3. Health care personnel with direct patient contact
To receive the vaccine in Florida, individuals in the three priority groups need to show proof that they live in Florida.
If an individual does not have a valid State of Florida ID or driver’s license, they will need to provide two of the following documents as proof that they live in Florida:
- A deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, mortgage payment booklet or residential rental or lease agreement.
- A utility hookup or work order dated within 60 days.
- A utility bill, not more than 2 months old.
- Mail from a financial institution, including checking, savings, or investment account statements, not more than 2 months old.
- Mail from a federal, state, county, or municipal government agency, not more than 2 months old.
- Miami-Dade County is opening appointments online and through a phone option as more vaccines become available. Supplies are currently extremely limited; Appointments: https://vaccines.nomihealth.com/mdc
Jackson Health System
- Jackson Health System (JHS) offers an online platform for Miami-Dade County residents age 65 or older to request a vaccination appointment. If you are unable to schedule an appointment, please return to their page routinely for ongoing updates as they receive additional vaccines. Request an appointment with JHS
Homebound Seniors in County Public Facilities
- Miami-Dade County will provide vaccines directly to homebound seniors age 65 and older who live in County facilities or receive County services and wish to be vaccinated.
- Miami-Dade County staff are directly contacting these individuals to schedule vaccinations.
Hard Rock Stadium
- The State of Florida is operating a drive-thru vaccination site at the Hard Rock Stadium in Miami Gardens for seniors 65 years of age or older and health care providers. An appointment is required to receive the vaccine. Walk-ins will not be accepted. To request an appointment, call 1-888-499-0840. TTY #: 1-888-256-8918
- Second Dose Appointment at Hard Rock Stadium: Individuals will receive a call or email approximately 2 weeks after their first vaccination at Hard Rock Stadium to schedule their second appointment. A state call center or email representative will provide individuals with open appointment slots.
- The State of Florida is operating a drive-thru vaccination site at Marlins Park in Miami for seniors 65 years of age or older. An appointment is required to receive the vaccine. Walk-ins will not be accepted. To request an appointment, call 1-888-499-0840. TTY#: 1-888-256-8918
Baptist Health System
- Baptist Health is offering the COVID-19 vaccine to members of the community who are 65 years or over or who have certain conditions that put them at high risk of severe illness from the virus. Schedule an appointment
- Eligible individuals interested in receiving the COVID-19 vaccine can complete a one-time registration form to be notified by phone call, text message or email when the COVID-19 vaccine becomes available.
Once you register, you will receive the COVID-19 vaccine at Marlins Park or Hard Rock Stadium. These locations are run by the State of Florida. Please visit the Florida Department of Health's COVID Vaccine Registry to complete the form online or call 1-866-200-3856 (TTY: 1-833-476-1455).
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) provides the latest vaccine information: