Under the general supervision of the Assistant Village Manager, performs specialized and technical work in the design of marketing materials and dissemination of content to the public through various media outlets to include but not limited to social media, email campaigns, posting on the Village’s Website etc. Responsible for the design and production of the Village newsletter and other Village publications. Incumbent will lead marketing efforts to ensure the timely, accurate and brand appropriate dissemination of Village information to the public. The position is responsible for safeguarding the Village’s image, driving awareness of Village information, and assists with messaging to key audiences externally and internally through a variety of communications channels. This individual will prepare press releases and establish key partnerships with local media outlets. May perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Creates, plans, implements, and monitors social media campaigns
- Creates and develops content for social media platforms and electronic distribution
- Creates and manages content on the Village’s website
- Writes, edits, and distributes press releases and media advisories
- Creates and designs flyers, pamphlets, and other print media
- Assists in public relation actions and activities
- Assists with implementing the Village’s public information programs
- Writes articles for publication
- Manages and maintains an image database of high-quality photographs of Village landmarks, streetscapes, lifestyle and other Village scenes for use in marketing and promotions.
- Attend City events and provide photography or live streaming as needed.
- Maintains the Village’s intellectual property with regard to marketing materials in accordance with industry best practices and protects and enhances the Village’s image and identity through enforcement of Miami Shores Village’s brand identity guidelines and marketing toolkit.
- Leverages technology to support marketing initiatives wherever appropriate
- Assists with implementing processes and procedures to ensure the Village’s website presence is updated and maintained, and reflects the overall brand identity of the Village.
- Enhances media relations
- Monitors the Village’s social media performance
- Monitors social media groups, trends, tools, and applications and recommends action
- Gathers information from Village departments, third-party partners and other stakeholders in preparation for communication efforts
- Plans creates and manage content for Village’s websites and other digital outlets
- Attends meetings to gather information on events/services
- Stays apprised of activities occurring throughout the Village. Conforms with and abides by all regulations, policies, work procedures and instructions
- Attends workshops and conferences to stay abreast of best practices
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of Village policies and procedures;
- Act as a representative of the Village to the Public;
- Ability to read, comprehend and interpret oral and written instructions;
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions and solve complex problems;
- Ability to deal appropriately and effectively with the public and various officials
- Ability to direct and manage multiple functions;
- Ability to communicate clearly, tactfully, and effectively in both oral and written form.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, brand-management, journalism, mass media communications, public relations or a related field.
- Three to Five years of experience;
- Or equivalent training, education, and/or experience; and
- Valid State of Florida Driver’s License.
- Work is predominantly indoors in a fast paced environment with multiple (sometime competing) priorities. Attendance at outdoor events is required and periodic attendance at evening events and functions expected. Must be able to lift, carry and push articles weighing up to 20 lbs.
SALARY: $45,000 - $55,000. Excellent benefits.
Submit resume to: email@example.com. Open unitl filled.
Miami Shores Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Drug Free Workplace.