Under the general supervision of the Building Official and Permit Supervisor, performs routine clerical work in the day-to-day operations of the Building Department; may perform other duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Duties include data entry, records processing, updating, and filing;
- Answers telephone, and logs messages and inspection requests for departmental staff;
- Answers questions regarding building permit requirements and permit application process;
- Receives and processes departmental documents with review for accuracy and completion;
- Drafts departmental correspondence and schedules various appointments for staff;
- Assists the public with various service requests;
- Maintains contractor liability and workers’ compensation insurance documentation;
- Creates department files for each new calendar and/or fiscal year;
- Maintains a positive work environment representing the Village in a professional manner while assisting residents and contractors; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of Village policies and procedures;
- Act as a representative of the Village to the public;
- Working knowledge of department practices and procedures;
- Ability to deal with the public tactfully and courteously;
- Good organizational skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work;
- Ability to perform complex clerical and administrative support using independent judgment; and
- Ability to communicate effectively with others both orally and in writing.
- High School Diploma or GED and two (2) years as a permit clerk or related work experience interpreting codes and permitting requirements;
- Or equivalent training, education, and/or experience; and
- Valid State of Florida Driver’s License.
- Work requires no unusual demad for physical effort.
- On a continuous basis, requires sitting at a desk or standing at a counter for long periods of time.
- Uses computer equipment on a regular basis.
- May lift or carry up to 10 pounds and on occasion up to 30 pounds.
- Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices or meeting and training rooms, e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire and building safety regulations.
Bilingual in English / Creole highly desired.
To apply, resumes must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org