Under the general supervision of the Permit Supervisor, performs routine clerical work in the day-to-day operations of the Building Department; may perform other duties as assigned. The position reports to the Permit Supervisor.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Duties include data entry, records processing, updating, and filing;
- Answers telephone, and logs messages and inspection requests for departmental staff;
- Answers questions regarding building permits, plans review, and permit applications process;
- Receives and processes permit applications, drafts departmental correspondence, and schedules various appointments for staff;
- Assists the public with various service requests;
- Maintains contractor liability, and workers’ compensation insurance documentation;
- Creates department files for each new calendar and/or fiscal year; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- One year of experience as an administrative assistant or secretary;
- Or equivalent training, education, and/or experience; and
- Valid State of Florida Driver’s License.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of Village policies and procedures;
- Act as a representative of the Village to the public;
- Working knowledge of department practices and procedures;
- Effectively and efficiently organize and track department records;
- Maintains confidentiality;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work; and
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Work requires no unusual demand for physical effort.
- Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices or meeting and training rooms, e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire and building safety regulations.
The Village has the right to revise this position description at any time, and does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
To apply please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes accepted through May 31, 2023.
Miami Shores Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer/AA/Drug Free Workplace.