Under the general supervision of the Aquatics Supervisor, responsible for the safety of all patrons while enforcing all rules and regulations governing the use of the facility; may perform others duties as assigned.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Ensures the safety of swimmers, and monitors pool conditions;
- Assists swimmers in distress, perform aquatic rescues and renders first aid and CPR as needed in response to injury or emergency;
- Enforces rules and regulations to ensure safety and prevent accidents;
- Assist with the waterpark routine, being at the lifeguard rotation, custodial duties and other tasks as assigned;
- Carry out the duties, direction and assignment as required by the supervisor;
- Facility maintenance as required for the day-to-day operations including pool equipment and cleanliness;
- Takes registrations and payments for class admissions and answers telephones;
- Maintains all required certification and physical fitness requirements;
- Answers inquiries from the public and provides information on pool events and activities;
- Assists with special events as needed; and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Working knowledge of Village policies and procedures;
- Act as a representative of the Village to the public;
- Working knowledge of department practices and procedures;
- Must demonstrate the knowledge and skills to prevent, recognize and respond to aquatic emergencies;
- Effectively and efficiently organize and track department records;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize work; and
- Ability to communicate effectively with others.
- Must be at least16 years of age;
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. or currently attending high school;
- Must be US Citizen or Legal Resident;
- Current American Red Cross First Aid, CPR-PR/AED, Lifeguarding certification;
- Or equivalent training, education, and/or experience;
- Hours vary / Shift work including nights, weekends and holidays; and
- Valid State of Florida Driver’s License;
- Work requires the physical ability to lift up to 100 pounds.
- Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices or meeting and training rooms, e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire and building safety regulations; and duties associated with this position require the employee to regularly work outside.
Once filled you may submit via email to OlsenE@msvfl.gov or deliver completed application to the Aquatics Center. (10200 Biscayne Boulevard, Miami Shores FL, 33138)