Performs and fiscally administers advanced financial work in the administration of day-to-day operations of financial functions such as accounting, accounts payable, payroll, and grants administration. Assists the Finance Director in the assignment, review and coordination of work in the Finance Department. Position reports to the Finance Director.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Leads day-to-day finance operations with functional responsibility over accounting, accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, grants administration;
- Oversees all accounts, ledgers and reporting systems ensuring compliance with G.A.A.P standards, and regulatory requirements;
- Coordinates budgeting, budget management and cost controls;
- Prepares financial statements, monitors and analyzes monthly operating results against budget, interprets financial data, and recommends changes to improve system, financial performance and reporting;
- Presents financial information to senior management and finance committee;
- Tracks performance of investment assets, prepares annual financial report, and participates in various contract negotiations;
- Coordinates audit activities, supervises staff, and works on special projects assigned by the director;
- Attends workshops and conferences to stay abreast of changing budgetary, and finance rules and regulations;
- Attends commission meetings to present financial and budgetary information;
- Assists the finance director with the preparation of the annual budget, and strategic planning;
- Provides public records and information to the public, media, and other agencies;
- Provides assistance to the finance director on bond issues; and
- Performs other duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the general laws and administrative policies governing municipal finance and budgetary practices and procedures in the State of Florida;
- Knowledge of the laws, ordinances and regulations governing financial operations of the Village;
- Acts as a representative of the Village to the Public;
- Ability to supervise the work of others in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale;
- Ability to read, comprehend and interpret oral and written instructions;
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions and solve complex problems;
- Ability to deal appropriately and effectively with the public and various officials
- Ability to direct and manage multiple functions;
- Knowledgeable of municipal government laws, rules and regulations in the state of Florida;
- Ability to communicate clearly, tactfully, and effectively in both oral and written form; and
Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively communicate and interact with other employees and the public through the use of telephone and personal contact as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, sit, stand, hear, hands to fingers dexterity, handle, feel or operate objects, read and write English. Physical capability to effectively use and operate various items of office equipment; such as but not limited to a personal computer, calculator, copier and fax machine.
Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts which require normal safety precautions typical of such places as offices or meeting and training room, e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire and building safety regulations.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO PERFORM WORK:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business administration or related field;
- Three years of experience in municipal finance and accounting, with supervisory experience;
- Certification as a Certified Public Finance Officer, Certified Governmental Finance Officer, or Certified Public Accountant is preferred;
- Or any equivalent training, education, and/or experience; and
- Valid State of Florida Driver’s License.
The Village has the right to revise this position description at any time, and does not represent in any way a contract of employment.
To apply, resumes must be submitted via email to Audrea Hinds at email@example.com